Introduction Thread!

On the to play list … It didn’t seem prudent to mention more than 5 games in the introduction list :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey,
I’m Garima. Started board gaming around 4 years ago, met the amazing folks at Reroll when the community was just starting out and have been playing with them ever since. I enjoy all kinds of board games but social deception and strategy are my all time favourites.
I can never get tired of playing avalon :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Hey, I am Aniruddha - born and raised in Bangalore!
I thought Mon***** (the game that must not be named) was all that was to extreme board-gaming until I was introduced to 7 Wonders (and a plethora of other games) by @inputj and it remains one of my all time favorites to date. I played with the @ReRoll community right from their inception days at Games Khopcha (hi5 if you’re one of them) and now at Lahe Lahe.

I love playing strategy, eurogames, social deception, co-op, and worker placement games. I prefer games that involve some amount of interaction with other players rather than just silently playing all by yourself. Also, being a design enthusiast, I adore beautifully designed games - Parks wins my heart here!

My all time favorite games are: 7 Wonders, Forbidden Desert, Modern Art, Azul, Parks, Bang The Dice Game, Werewords, Clever.
DnD is that one game I have been eagerly waiting to play since a year. And I just hate Sagrada!

I love to cook and am an UI/UX enthusiast. When I am away from work, you’ll find me in the kitchen cooking or watching aviation videos, curling videos (new found amusement), documentaries on American history or, of course - boardgaming!

Am a good listener. So, feel free to talk my ears off with absolutely anything under the sun but definitely talk/ask me for restaurant/cuisine recommendations, travel & packing tips, and how I keep things inordinately organised (I have OCD).

I live near Yelahanka but I make every effort to not miss TableTopThursdays, even if it means canceling some of my meetings. I sometimes even show up at the weekend events. So, if you’re going to around, hit me up!

6 Likes

Hi all, I am Amit.

I am enthusiastic about games in general, may it be playing board games, video games or even design and development of these.

I am a big fan of strategy board games like splendor, Puerto Rico, Pandemic etc. Not a fan of social games like Secret Hitler.

1 Like

Hi, this is Aboli. I started playing board games 5-6 years back, in Pune (when meetup org was still active). Categories I’ve played and loved are strategy, co-operative, eurogames and area control games.

Me and my partner have been designing small games; verbal, software or physical ones. We recently designed a Scrabble extension with various action-cards.
I am also into DIY and follow rethemes on boardgamegeek, hoping to design own retheme soon.

I am a new mom, so looking for quick games these days :grinning: . Few such games I liked were Ticket to ride, Monopoly deal.

2 Likes

What’s the Scrabble extension do?

1 Like

Oops, expansion. It contains various action cards to play along with words; either to score extra points or to reduce opponent’s score. Cards are designed in such a way that player with relatively poor vocabulary can have a fair chance of winning by applying a proper strategy.

2 Likes

Oooh, that sounds like fun (or frustrating, if you’re a seasoned vanilla player :P)! Can you share a few examples of the cards? One rule I my old boss had was allowing only words you can pronounce/use in a sentence - made the two-letter combos die quickly. :expressionless:

1 Like

Most of the two-letter words in Scrabble word finder seem meaningless to me. xu? za? Are we talking bushman language here :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Hey, it’s English. It’s basically the Borg of the language world. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

The two lettered words are important for stacking words next to each other :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Everyone,I am Kevin.

I Moved to Bangalore recently. I used to play board games with my dad when I was a kid and loved every second of it. Caught the board game bug again when I played Catan at a friend’s place. Hard to find people to play board games with,family gatherings are rare. I Love playing Sequence!!

PS: motorcycle Enthusiast alert!

3 Likes

Hello! I am Nischal. I enjoy board games quite a lot. Even though my only exposure to board games was Clue, Monopoly (Yuck), Life (fun!), and Scotland Yard; I would lug around a big box of Clue (like wooden, massive box) around on all my family vacations hoping that somebody decided to play with me. My sister usually would, so don’t feel too much pity for me. (She loves board games too btw but she probably won’t join the forums)

With my exposure to ReRoll two years or so ago I decided I definitely have to get in on this all the time. So, thank you for asking me to join @karthikb351 and look forward to playing with y’all.

I am fairly new to this although I am very enthusiastic about learning and playing more board games. Let me know what you play and we can talk about it. Cheers!

P.S - I also play videogames. From time to time.

2 Likes

Hi,

I am Raghav and I love to play boardgames. Talk to me about Catan, Monopoly, basically strategy and negotiation games.

Huge book geek (not a bibliophile though, I move too much to maintain a collection I can be proud of) and anthropology buff.

Talk to me about anything, really.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Gurdit. I live in Bangalore (mostly), and I’ve recently been trying to get into table-top games. I’ve read through (most of) the PHB for D&D 5e, and I’m playing an online game being run by a DM in Europe for 3 of us players who are beginners. It’s a text-only game, so it’s a non-intimidating way to get into the game.

I’m looking to join more Indian players since the time-zones will match, the pop-culture references will match, and my accent will be easier to understand on voice!

Cheers!

EDITED TO ADD: I have a PS4. I like games which have a great story, and I like open-world games. I don’t play FPS games because I suck, and I play most games on either “Easy” or “Normal” difficulty. As far as table-top games go, my experience is Monopoly. I am pretty sure that Ludo or Snakes & Ladders doesn’t count.

(Also, not sure what to make of the fact that I’m apparently the first person to post an introduction in 8 months)

4 Likes

Hi,

I am a pathfinder 1E GM from Hyderabad. If anyone is interested in joining a text based pathfinder adventure that I regularly table, feel free to contact me. You can also find me as an organizer of Hyderabad Table Top RPG community meetup page.

Hi. My name is Harry. I haven’t been in India that long, and I’m happy to see that people here like to play board games too! I love complex games with economics and combat, where you have to think things through well, read and sometimes join forces with other players. Thanks

Hi, my name is Clark. I’m new at this. I’ve played a few times with friends and have been very impressed with the game. Now I want to learn more and be able to ask questions … Thanks

Hi, my name is Joshua and I love board games. I love solving complex problems and I enjoy taking my time to play complex strategy games. Thanks !

hey there, I don’t know if this page is still active, it’s been almost a year since the last post. Anyway… My name is Aditya, my friends call me Adi. I’m Currently Studying Law at Christ University, Hosur.

I am literally obsessed with DnD. I love the game, I love the world-building, I love every detail of lore and I love the roleplaying aspect of it. The control freak in me gravitates more towards being the DM, but I also love to play and explore the world that the DM creates as a player.

I first discovered the game from popular tv shows and media. And my interest gradually increased. But I truly fell in love with the game when I came across “Fantasy High” by Dimension 20. (P.S… Brennan Lee Mulligan, Greatest DM of all time. Mathew Merces has got nothing on him)

So here’s the thing guys, I’ve played with just my siblings and a handful of friends who aren’t really interested in the game for the last few years. And that’s understandable considering that the game requires a lot of commitment and free time. It’s really disappointing for the rest of the party when a player drops out, and as the DM, it’s incredibly demotivating to see all your work, preparation, and planning go to waste so easily.

Anyway… If anyone is interested in a Bangalore-based DnD campaign hit me up.
I take the game very Seriously, with maps, pawns, and a whole lot of preparation.

A campaign usually goes on for 4-9 Sessions and a session can be anywhere from 3 hrs to 6 hrs depending on if the players want to continue. Ideally, we would meet once a week or once in 2 weeks, on a day depending on the convenience of the group.

I understand that this is quite the commitment for a lot of people, and that’s why the players need to be sure they are interested before we all agree to start a campaign together.

DnD just isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and that’s fine… Not everyone enjoys the geeky role-play or the nerdy fantasy elements. And of course, not everyone can commit to the amount of time it actually takes to play the game.

Another issue is that it’s not exactly a simple game, it’s not super complex, but yes, there definitely is a learning curve for new players. I usually have a “Session Zero” to teach new players the game, the rules and abilities for the different races and classes, the game Mechanics, and most importantly how to make and maintain their character sheet. The “Session Zero” can also actually be a lot of fun, it’s where the players work with the DM to create their own characters, their backstory, and if they want to add a little customized flavor to their character over the Journey of the campaign.

• (for example - A Teifling (Half-Demon race) sorcerer who was abandoned by her parents as a baby, who over the course of the campaign wants to find the so-called parents who abandoned her and get answers.
  • or perhaps a young Wood Elf rogue who lost both his parents during a raid by orcs and has now vowed to kill every orc that he comes across. One day he captures an Orc and tortures him to force this Orc to reveal the location of his Orc tribe in order to slaughter them, but he finds out that that Orc lost his entire family to a raid carried out by High Elves and they both go on adventures and become mutually respected friends from then on.) ----> all of this is just flavoring that the players can add to customize their experience.

Honestly, If you’ve never heard of the game before I know it can be a bit overwhelming at first, but it’s honestly a lot of fun and a great experience to have with friends.

My last attempt at trying to convince you to try the game, lol…
Google says that DnD fosters the following behaviors and characteristics in its players-

• Creativity.
  • Problem-Solving Skills.
  • Empathy.
  • Teamwork.
  • Decision-Making.
  • Analytical Thinking.
  • Effective Communication.
  • Establishing Friendships.
2 Likes