Introduction Thread!

If you’re new here, please drop a line introducing yourself!

Who are you, what do you like playing, what should people talk to you about?

6 Likes

My name is Anshul and I am a board game addict. I like playing light to medium weight games because beyond that it’s a lot of stress to understand the rules yourself and more importantly find people patient enough to understand your explanation of the rules. Talk to me about good board game deals. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi I am Yash from Bangalore [Indiranagar] (and sometimes Kolkata).

My top 5 games are 7 Wonders, Wingspan, Azul, Ticket to Ride, and Hanamikoji. I am up for playing anything but have a preference for drafting, engine building, and worker placement games. Currently looking to learn Inis, Concordia, Troyes, Champions of Midgard and Arkham Horror LCG.

Talk to me about anything under the sun really. I can usually be found being extra chatty on whatsapp groups. Also looking for a support group to discuss the woes of never actually winning because you’re too busy teaching :expressionless:

8 Likes

Berty here. I play the bass, the fool and prefer strategy boardgames or ones that people make a lot of noise.
Talk to me about anything. Coz well I’ll talk about anything as well. :slight_smile:
My fave games right now are Patchwork and Musee

4 Likes

Hello! This is Roshni. I am into Theatre, DIY and Board games. I prefer games which have minimal back stabbing/ confrontation, so I usually tend to lean towards Co-operative games. I watch tons of D&D online and I am aspiring to be a DM. In the meanwhile, I try to join D&D games, whenever I can.

5 Likes

Hey everybody, Arjun here :slight_smile:

Board gaming as a hobby has been very good to me, and I’m currently doing my best to return the favour. I’ll happily talk about anything related to gaming (board and video), science-fiction or fantasy.

(Also, do get in touch if you happen to be in Chennai and you’re looking to get some gaming in!)

4 Likes

Hey guys, I’m Kartik.

I’ve been playing board games since I was a kid and have always found it the best way for me to connect to people. I’ve been playing DnD for a couple years and I enjoy coming up with interesting characters with different styles of play. If you need help building out a character or figuring out the rules, feel free to reach out to me.

3 Likes

Hey, what DnD shows do you watch online?

1 Like

Oh hi! I have been following critical role primarily for close to a year and a half. That’s how I got into D&D. Campaign wise, I also watch follow The Guilded Troll, and TAZ.

1 Like

I’ve watched a bit of Critical Role. Haven’t seen the others. I’ll check them out.

1 Like

Hola! I’m Shiraz. Long time GM/DM. Trying to play as many systems as possible this year and creating my very own one that I’m rigourously playtesting. (available to play at the event)

I run a regular D&d game and play in various international games, much to the chagrin of my brain that always wants to sleep.

See you folks soon!

4 Likes

Hey guys, I am Ankit, currently living at Whitefield, Banglore. I enjoy playing and exploring board/card games… Recently, I have started playing DnD 5e and m hooked. Would like to talk and geek out with like minded peeps… Cheers!

3 Likes

Check out Dimension 20. I like it a bit more that Critical Role…

3 Likes

Hello! Jassim here. Drawing, cooking, writing, photography, LEGO, design, collecting pretty books, most things R/C and DIY are some of the things I tend to do when not learning or daydreaming. If I have some spare time I make terrible puns and jokes and gain energy off the groans, cringes and eye-rolls. No ragrets.

I’ve been playing Scrabble/Wordfeud and Minesweeper for ages but am relatively new to the wider boardgaming world, so I’m not really sure what I like/love but I know I’m highly allergic to social deception/screaming match ‘games’. Solo games are my jam, and if they have instant permadeath, I must play.

Talk to me about anything, really. I’ll either have a really strong opinion, or be completely ignorant. No in-between. Either way, a shitty pun/joke awaits.

(I also talk a lot.)

6 Likes

Hello,
I have always enjoyed games and fantasy. I do have a decent collection of games myself but not enough people in my current circle interested to play. I have always wanted to try D&D and heavier games. Personally love cooperative games against the board as it is easier to learn with help. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Karishma!

I bake a lot of cake that I cannot eat and make friends by distributing it. Thankfully, ReRoll has been a less intensive way of making friends in the past year. :relaxed:

I usually stay away from gory, bloodbath games and I love these games: Azul, Tiny Towns, Sagrada, Santorini, Parks, Reef, Barren Park.

Talk to me about anything and definitely about cake, plates, food history. I’m pretty chatty! :smile:

6 Likes

Hello, everyone! I’m Sai Teja.
I enjoy drawing, cooking and gaming. My exposure to board games has been Life, Scrabble, Monopoly, stuff like that. “Normie” stuff, I suppose. I have, however played Hanabi ,Pit, Sushi Go, Pandemic and Cards Vs. Sanskaar. I’ve enjoyed them all and I generally enjoy co operative games.
I originally got into this group looking for TTRPGs I could join. I’ve played D&D for about a year now, and I’m currently running a campaign on Roll20.
I’m a quiet guy in a group, but once you get me started on a topic of my interest, I do not shut up. Kinda like this post at the moment. And there are numerous topics that tickle my fancy. Hit me up if you want to kill time talking about anything under the sun.

5 Likes

Hello all. I’m Siddhartha (Appu to most). I spend frankly excessive amounts of time and money on Kickstarter and my shelf of shame continues to grow. I don’t have massive amounts of free time though, so I’ve only ever been to one Reroll event and even that Mithun had to physically drag me to. I mainly just ambush unsuspecting houseguests and occasionally gatherings of friends.

I like to play pretty much anything except the insanely heavy stuff or hardcore Euros. Current favourite is Wingspan, which is on pretty much constant rotation at home. I also just recently managed to table Scythe and let me tell you, I nearly cried with relief - it took nearly a year. Game was fun too. I spend a lot of my time running a D&D 5E game.

Talk to me about: boardgames a bit, fantasy/sci-fi, music, RPGs both tabletop and electronic, general nerdery.

5 Likes

Hey, I’m Dev.
Heavily into fantasy fic and graphic novels (fairly duh on this group). An avid owner and player of Eldritch Horror and Scythe.

Sometimes I take a break and play Smash Up or Dixit, when I’m too lazy to spend half a day setting up a board. :smiley:

Always up for discussing Scythe mods, my love for Tom Gauld and Ursula Leguin, or board game ideas that keep swimming around in my head.

4 Likes

I am Shank, I like DnD, a lot, I like most games, except Social Deception, I also like anime, feel free to talk to me about DnD and anime

4 Likes