Introduction Thread!

Hello! Arushi here!

Caught the board gaming bug with Catan back in 2014 at Dice and Dine. Have since been on the lookout for fun games to play and people to play with. I mostly play light to mediums and own a few. Open to heavier games ( Ideally those that take less than 20 minutes to explain) Current favourite games are Dixit and Sagrada.

Currently living in BTM, Bangalore. You can ask me about - How to get unwilling friends to play board games, Houseplants, Restaurant recommendations, Skincare, Makeup, Primary Education and off late, Linocutting.

You may find me somesometimes at one of the bigger Sunday board game events and Puzzled Pint.

4 Likes

Hi!
I’m Ecclesia. Got to know Reroll recently when I started getting interested in DnD. Still haven’t played it yet, sadly. I’ve attended only a few Tabletop Thursdays so far but plan on becoming a regular once I have a more relaxed schedule. From the few games I’ve played I really enjoyed social deception games like Secret Hitler and Blood on the Clock Tower.
Hope to make some great friends here!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Hashfyre. Small time DM/GM, map-sketcher, RPG aficionado. Been around ReRoll events since our auld haunts of Dice & Dine and Games Khopcha in Kormangala. I’m into AmeriTrash (narrative driven) games and Social Deception. Euro-gaming makes me run away.

Talk to me about anything Tolkien and CyberPunk.

4 Likes

Hey! A fellow Tolkien nerd! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Devashish… Been gaming for about 3+ yrs now, starting the journey at Dice and Dine. I’m up for any kind of games from light fun games, social deception to heavy strategy games. Favourite games being Star Realms, Sushi Go, For Sale, Gravwell, Cryptid on the lighter side and Innovation, Scythe, Food Chain Magnate on the heavier side. When it comes to buying games i prefer buying games which have a smaller footprint.

Hit me up if you are looking for people to game with in/around Whitefield. Or want a Wild Magic Sorcerer called ‘PunDit’ to join your DnD party! Cheers.

1 Like

I am Ishira. I am a boardgame addict and I love a lot of game types. Do not like outright confrontation or RPGs too much though. My favourites change very frequently and nowadays it is Terra Mystica. Also I am up for playing any Lacerda at any time. I am also a hoarder and own 150+ games. Thankfully my husband (@Navin) is a boardgamer too and is pretty tolerant of my hobby.

I can be found in and around Indiranagar, Bangalore on weekdays and I am usually always up for gaming.

3 Likes

This thread is like #newmenor :laughing: (sorry)

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Auro. I’ve been attending the meetups for a few months now, I enjoy most lighter games that focus on interaction between players, and absolutely enjoy social deception games. I’ve been an active participant on a Mafia forum on the past year as well :wink:
Wanted to try DnD forever, haven’t gotten a chance.

Talk to me about… well, anything!

1 Like

This is why Iluvatar sunk the island. :joy:

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Akshay. Got introduced to real board games around 3 year ago and have been playing since. Not super into it but find it much better as a hobby compared to a lot of other activities.

Like: social deception, coop, strategy, deck building, engine building
Got into D&D an year ago and yearning for more.

Find me around MG Road, Koramangala, Bommanahalli (all Bangalore areas).

3 Likes

Hey peeps, I’m Tejus!

I live in Basavangudi, but I’ve been making the weekly pilgrimage to the Tabletop Thursday meets at Lahe Lahe and also the monthly Sunday specials for the better part of this year. I have enjoyed most types of games at these events, with only a few exceptions. Particularly, haven’t found RPGs to be terribly interesting for my taste, sorry :grin:. I’m otherwise not too picky about the games I play.

Talk to be about Architecture, Design, and also anything to do with technology.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’m Nemo (20k leagues under the sea, not Finding Nemo). Got into boardgames when I moved to Bangalore 4 years ago, and have been hooked ever since. (Still miss Games Khopcha). Like playing TTRPGs, casual games, and everything in between. I also have a side-project where I try to convert boardgame rules to code (and fail miserably at it). Current favorite games are Star Realms, and 7 Wonders: Duel.

For the Tolkein fans here: I have a copy of LoTR: TCG that I haven’t played.

2 Likes

Hi ppl, glad to see you all on this forum! I have been fairly regular to the board games myself since March of this year (that’s when I got into the habit it and it stuck with me) and frequent the Tabletop Thursdays. Typically I like the strategy and intelligent guesswork games including co-op ones, much more than the social deception kind. While I work as a business analyst in the IT industry I plan to make time to come more often and I do hope to get to play with you like minded gamers all henceforth! Feel free to talk to me on anything in this category of games and any of your views on how best to win!

1 Like

Hi! This is Amisha here. I am a couch potato in the truest order - i love books, movies and now board games and i sit on my couch and devour them with french fries. Newly re-addicted to board games, I love playing assassin and co-operative games so far. Some faves are Coup, Splendor, Azul, King of Tokyo and Tokyo Highway [not from japan but seem to love the Tokyo themed games:)]
When i’m not on my couch i am a filmmaker and a writer. You can talk to me about anything under the sun,moon etc.etc. Am also a good listener

3 Likes

Hi, I am Shyam. I come from the world of Pac-man and Pinball machines. Newly stumbled onto Board games. They are just awesome (wondering…how have I missed them all my life). Newbie me, is about 10 games old into this and loving it. All kudos to Re-Roll. Played and liked Coup, Splendor, King of Tokyo, Tsuro, Azul, Modern Art, Plague and Dead Last to name a few. I also like Catan (sorrrry Punjit, maybe it’s a rookie thing). Competitive, strategy and a good amount of killing gives me a rush.

3 Likes

'ello, y’all friendly gamers…

Harshal Modi here… Fellow Tolkien nerds should, hopefully, be able to source how my handle came into being, and who I’m technically supposed to be.

Insofar as gaming goes, got into it back in 2012-13, starting with games like Cartagena and Verflixxt. Petered down when my friend with the games moved back to Australia, but was happy to find a large group of gamers in Mumbai with regular meetups and home sessions.

Love to play a lot of games: Cartagena, Verrflixxt, Pikomino are some 5-7p games that I love to teach, as are games like Kingdom Builder, Elfenland and Princes of Florence. That’s not all, though, that’s just a tiny part of my personal collection.

I also like to PnP games, as long as it’s an official PnP or the game is so long out of print it’s a travesty to not make your own copy. PnP games like 12 Days of Christmas, OOP games like Marracash, (re)themes of Love Letter, official minimalist versions of Bohnanza… You name it, I’ve PnP’ed it.

We play regularly in Mumbai, so holler out if you want to catch up - our weekly sessions are open to all every Thursday - look it up in the events section ( Board Games Are Life - INOX CR2, Mumbai (every Thursday) ) or drop me a message for more info.

5 Likes

Hi this is charan regular board games enthusiast and like to read adventure and fantasy novels

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

Vidhya here from Bangalore. I first played with Reroll and have seen it grow from the venues of Games Khopcha, to Dice and Dine, to Dialogues and now at Lahe Lahe and Go Native :D. I love to play strategy games and light party/deception games. Thanks to this community, I have also been able to introduce many of my friends and colleagues to the world of board games.

See you at the games!
Vidhya

5 Likes

Hi All,

Navin here, I stay in Bangalore (HSR) and glad to see this forum up and active with so many meeples from the city! I have been playing board games for the last 7-8 years with the last couple of years (largely thanks to ReRoll and my wife @Ishira_Bhattacharya) seeing a significant spike in time, attention and money into board games. Love playing strategy games and taking a beating from either @Ishira_Bhattacharya or @inputj.

You will see me at GoNative or Lahe Lahe on Wednesdays and Thursdays, come say hi!

5 Likes

I’m surprised Scythe isn’t on your list, since you like engine-building!

1 Like